Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my '72 2-Door the driver side window rolls down too far and the upper roller comes off the track. I took the door panels off both doors and found no stop on the drivers door like the one on the passenger side. In a box of parts I got with the car I found the stop itself but the door doesn't have a bracket to attach the stop to. On the passenger door the bracket seems to be welded in place and the stop bolts to it. There is no sign of the bracket ever being in the drivers door.

I can't tell you the doors are orig to the car so can anyone tell me if there was a difference in some doors from '68 - '72 and what piece I need if I have 2 different year doors? I don't have a Fisher Body Manual and the AIM and Chassis Service Manual I do have doesn't cover this...

TIA,

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
It sound like the bracket may have been cut off or broken off. My 69,70 and 72 doors were all identical inside. They all have the the bracket to bolt the window stop onto.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks quik... That's what I was afraid of, the cars painted and I don't have the bracket. I'll have to fab up something that bolts on to the inner panel for now...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dennis, my brother inlaw's 72 is at the body shop, and he had to replace the pass side door. I located a complete replacement door and just asked him to check for the part you mentioned, and he agreed to inspect the removed door next Saturday, so if you can wait a couple of days, you may end up with the correct bracket. Hey, don't forget to take good care of the "White Wonder" too.:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you would that would be real cool. The one I need is for the driver side, I don't know if they are the same or mirror images of each other... For now I made an L bracket out of some 3/16" scrap and bolted it to the inner metal panel and bolted the stop to it... It's not as ridged as it should be but at least the window crank won't let the glass down too far now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Phil, I took another look at the one on the passanger side and it looks like it would work on the drivers side too so maybe the one Orench has access to will work.

I need to take some interior pic's showing my progress from before. I have everything but the wipers working, after a patch/rebuild of a melted dash harness. Picked up a nice re-covered front bench cheap and had the rear covered to match. The floors are in and insulated as is the new carpet kit. I found some '85 caddy rear seatbelts that are a direct replacement for the Nova but with deluxe buckles. And picked up some aftermarket belts that look close to the GM buckles. A new headliner is all that's left and I'll have a clean driver interior. Then I can work on detailing under the hood and installing and turning up the AC...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dennis, I unbolted this part from a 72 driver's side door, but now I'm not sure if you need this, or the part welded to the inside bottom of the door. The part welded to the door is like "A" shaped, with this part bolted at the top of the "A". Let me know, so I can go ahead and remove the welded part, if thats the one you need. You can email or PM me your address, so I can send the correct part.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have that piece, I need the welded on piece... I'll pm you tomorrow in the AM... Thanks,

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Bruno - Your package arrived today...

You've been more than generous and it's much appreciated. :beers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.