Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the end to end dimmensions for a Chevy S-10 the same as a 74 Nova? I have a Hatchback and the gear ratio is 2.56:1. The car topps out around 160 mph, gets 21 mpg, but launches like a box turtle. I have a set of axle saddle perches from MOROSO, because I understand the perches for the S-10 4x4 is on top. This truck has 3.73:1 ratio in it, which should help me off the line. This rear diff was just rebuilt and is free, can't beat that price! If someone could just point me in the right direction to find the backing plate to backing plate dimension, it would be appreciated.

God Bless,
Rodney <><

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
The '67 to '69 Camaro and '68 to '71 Nova rear ends are 60 inches wide and have the spring perches 42 1/2 inches center to center.

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
Rodney the S-10 rear differential has a 7.5" ring gear and is very weak. It won't last long under your Nova unless you have a 6 cyl or very mild V8. Your 74 has an 8.5" gear and will take a lot more abuse.

68 - 79 Nova rear ends are all the same width, both overall and between the spring mounts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts