Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my son purchased a 1966 nova ss and the last owner in Georgia said it was a matching numbers car and he bought it in Indiana 13 years ago,I also contacted the previous owner in Indiana and he also said it was a numbers matching
everything seems to check out or it seems,The serial number and the cowl tag all corresponds other than the serial number the last 6 numbers are 163101 and on the cowl tag the last 6 number are 124164 which i guess they could be different,
Where i am having a problem is the motor it is showing F0506pn which is flint may 6th but pn shows to to be a 1965 283 2 barrell
everything checks out the 118 serial number and cowl number shows it is a SS and came with a 283 v8 2 barrel, power glide trans,regal red out side and black bucket seats with console,has all the ss trim and moldings plus the SS humb caps
Could General motors have used a left over 283 from 1965 for this 1966?
everything i have checks shows the 1966 283 used ps or pu at the end of the
motor number and the 1965 was PN
should there be a partial vin number down below the F0506PN
Also do i need to try and read the casting number and date on the back of the block.
Your help with this would be appreciated
Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can check the Vin number on your car on Vingurus and check the odometer using diagnostic devices. Computer diagnostics will help to identify "approximate" data about the distance traveled. Unfortunately, odometer rollback is noticed more and more often by sellers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts