Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just picked up a 77 Nova, 250 online 6. I have 2 initial issues. 1 is there are no lights working for the instrument cluster. The other is that the gear indicator is not working. I am trying to get the instrument cluster pulled out of the dash but seem to be having difficulty. I have removed all of the screws I can find, and the cluster like it is loose. Only thing is the left side seems be tight or sticking. This is also the side with the light switch and wiper switch.
I have to be missing something, just not sure what. Do I need to pull the whole dash out?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I am not positive, but earlier Novas has a metal link bar connected to the indicator and the steering column. Also have you removed the speedometer cable? Sometimes simple stuff gets us............... :yes:

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Actually Andy I was going to suggest checking the fuse labeled INST in the fuse box first. When you pop the rear brake and turn signal fuse (say by putting a boat in salt water and hitting the brakes to slide it off your float on trailer) it takes out your instrument cluster lights as well so that you will realize you have no turn signal or brake lights.

Big Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts