Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm getting my wife a new sewing mahcine for Christmas. I'm going high dollar since she has agreed to do some custom interior work on my car. I was wondering what features should I look for? My wife does quilting right now and I know what to look for to do this.

Also my wife is looking into starting to make picture quilts as a home business. I was wondering if thier would be an interest in quilts with Novas on them? Possibly also customized with your own Nova or other car? Picture quilts are normally about 24" by 24" so they are not big enough to sleep under, but I suppose whe could make some big enough to sleep under. I know gear heads don't normally think about things like quilts, but it would be something unique. Right now she is looking into doing pet quilts since they seem to be popular.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I don't know much about sewing machines but when you go and look make sure they know that you might be using the machine to sew vinyl for car interior...I believe the machines used to sew vinyl are very heavy duty units as it is a much tougher material to sew then cloth. Just my 2 cents for whatever it is worth:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.