Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if this cam could perform well with my specs. I want some power and a cam that sounds aggresive...is this the right cam?

Specs:
TH-350 Shift Kit
8:5-9:25 Compression
Performer Air Gap
Performer Carb 600 cfm
Hedmen Headers
MSD Ignition
2100 Stall
3.73 Gears

:)

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Should work. I would recommend an exhaust system of long small tube headers, and free flowing mufflers to add to the mix. You should be able to run the cheapest gas without any problems as what little compression you have will be bled off with this much duration.

Big Dave

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Heads will be the determining factor as to whether this set up works. For a 350 you want to shoot for about a 180 cc intake and a 64 cc chamber with 2.05 " intakes and 1.6" exhaust valves to move as much air as possible into your motor. It is the amount of oxygen in the air/fuel charge that limits stoicheometric conditions in the cylinder. Getting gas in is easy compared to enough oxygen to burn the fuel. Compression is needed as well and a long duration cam will bleed a lot of static compression off so your charge will not be as hot as it could be. So just thinking of the engine as an air pump doesn't work, we have to think of it as a hot air pump; using the heat generated to power the car.

Big Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts