Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what type of clutch setup is in my car at the moment, sad to say. I know its a 6 puck zoom race clutch, im going to be putting in a super t10 transmission in a month or so, I dont know if i have the borg & beck style (3 finger) or a diaphram style (multi-finger), what im wanting to know is being that the current 10 spline clutch is no use to me, would it work for me to just get a new 26 spline clutch disk, but is the clutch disk specific to the pressure plate style? My understanding is (and I could be wrong) that as long as I use the release bearing for whichever pressure plate is in it I should be able to use just a zoom 26 spline 6 puck clutch disc in it. If I'm wrong please dont be too harsh...ha ha

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure what type of clutch setup is in my car at the moment, sad to say. I know its a 6 puck zoom race clutch, im going to be putting in a super t10 transmission in a month or so, I dont know if i have the borg & beck style (3 finger) or a diaphram style (multi-finger), what im wanting to know is being that the current 10 spline clutch is no use to me, would it work for me to just get a new 26 spline clutch disk, but is the clutch disk specific to the pressure plate style? My understanding is (and I could be wrong) that as long as I use the release bearing for whichever pressure plate is in it I should be able to use just a zoom 26 spline 6 puck clutch disc in it. If I'm wrong please dont be too harsh...ha ha

No problem switching just the disc, but you should use the same make and model disc that the pressure plate comes with. Using another brand or style disc can result in release or slip problems if the thickness is different, etc.

Jody

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured it would work, im going to buy the same brand/series, hopefully the 6 puck clutch isnt too much for the street...ha ha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts