Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the best way to go about cleaning the seats in my 62? I was gonna borrow a steam cleaner but im scared if the seats were made with polyester I will melt them

- the seats are solid no tears or anything, but there are a few stains..?
The lady had seat covers on them which were torn, so in the pic you can see the top part is a seat cover but the bottom is the orig seat...

Any ideas on how to go about this???

Attachments

· Registered
904 Posts
Back in the day I had a girlfriend that marked up a seat simular to that one a few times...:D I had really good luck with woolite foaming upholstery cleaner and a small brush. You can also use cheap pump hairspray to loosen up those stains (used that allot on my whites when I was in the Navy...works like a charm).

· Registered
5,255 Posts
Back in the day I had a girlfriend that marked up a seat simular to that one a few times...:D I had really good luck with woolite foaming upholstery cleaner and a small bush. You can also use cheap pump hairspray to loosen up those stains (used that allot on my whites when I was in the Navy...works like a charm).
Ya just shoulda used bleach on those whites :D

· Registered
904 Posts
The poly whites CRT's would yellow...When I was a recruiter I used to get ink on them all the time. A nurse I knew showed me the hairspray trick...and a few other tricks as well!! :D:thumbsup: Got to luv health care professionals!!;)

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actully got a couple cheap seat covers im gonna put on here just so I or my kid dosent damage them any more BUT I wanted to try n clean em up a lil too and see if I could get those few stains out - i will have to try that woolite stuff... you think a girl would know this **** - but If I get a stain that dosent come out in a regular wash I use said clothing for rags..

· Registered
2 Posts
I would throw those seats away, but I can tell you about cleaning the plastic vinyl and leather. Lately I've been using 303 Automotive Protectant which I read about in the article Best car interior dressing | Interior dressing for auto detailing where it says what is interior dressing car wash. There is a lot of information here that can be useful for both beginners and professionals. I recommend to take a look.

· Registered
13 Posts
old thread but a common current and regular issue with old cars SO
try FOLEX its the only safe product for any fabric carpet ect. it is spray on and leave NOT a steam cleaning product
its excellent try it. very safe and very easy and very effective. I have used it numerous times with incredible results.
even when other products failed folex got it done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts