Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any members in Illinois, Wisconsin, or Iowa?

On Saturday, October 21st, a bunch of us are getting together to "play" at Byron Drayway, in Byron, Illlinois.

They tell me the only tech is seat belt and a helmet...

More info here: http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90371

·
Registered
64 Posts
I been to byron many times and tech there is very basic for test and tune cars, but they watch you. if you run two fat they will make sure you have all the proper equipment, if you dont then they wont pay any attention to you. if your slower then 14 u dont even need a helmet, but its a good idea, other then that if your nit running faster then 11.5 you dont need much either, helmet and seat belts. Consult with the current IHRA rules as Byron is IHRA sanctioned and if you can pass their rules you can pass byron with flying colors, I was there 3 weeks ago and all they did is look at my car and pass me through.

OH yeah and I cant wait to meet everyone. My names Jason and Ill be in the Dark Green/ Green Flame 73 nova hatchback. see ya there

·
Registered
15 Posts
2 Jason's!!! oh no!

easy tech sounds good. We'll see what they say about me and Jason #1's verts tho.
As quoted from another member the only "one" (even though he doesn't mean it) that counts is the number 1 Jason. You guys are going to have to change your names for the day.:D :p Let's hope the forecast stays as predicted with middle 50's and no rain. cool paint scheme BTW Jay:thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
um, yeah i think it is, and when i was there he was telling me a story about the nova he used to have and race and how heavy these damn things are. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks, and it was nice meeting you. I was parked on the tower side at the end of the bleachers, next to the red rim racing guys. Just gotta work on getting it faster, took it from a 14.9 to a 13.75 doing jet changes, just ran out of time, going back today now that the rain is gone. looks like i need to do some more to the motor however, doesnt seem like im gonna get past 13.5, i suppose for a 3700 lb street tire car that isnt too bad, but i would like to see high 11's low 12's so gonna have to do something, jets changes arent gonna get me down that far.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I too am alittle unhappy about not going. But hey, the lightening sirens in my town were going off in the morning and the weather channel showed green everywhere around there. I won't take the car out in the rain. I will see you all another time.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts