Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new here. I'd like to share and obtain any potential learning about bodywork. I'm a new owner of a 1972 chevy nova. I need contact to buy body works parts. Now I'm searching a firewall for my 1972 nova. The guys who change the distributor for an electronic one, give some hammer shot in the firewall... I need to replace it. Thanks in advance. I try with classics industries and year one and no one of them got the firewall in stock. Let me know if you have any other supplyers. I'm located in canada.

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Welcome to the Team Murk!

The HEI is much bigger than the points distributor so many take a big hammer to the fire wall to clearance it. If you go back to a small cap HEI with an external coil you can rework your firewall just like any other sheet metal part of the car. To my knowledge no one sells the top of the firewall that you need (the bottom part is the same as a Camaro and it is reproduced).

Big Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a bad idea Big Dave. Firewall is rusty a bit on lower left side, but still available at classics industries. I'll try this for sure. And for some fiber to rework top firewall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick msg for every body, no firewall available for nova 68-72, but 68 camaro firewall can fit. Need some work done before. Drive shaft tunnel is not the same, more squarely on camaro. Hope it can help someone.

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Quick msg for every body, no firewall available for nova 68-72, but 68 camaro firewall can fit. Need some work done before. Drive shaft tunnel is not the same, more squarely on camaro. Hope it can help someone.
Difference in drive shaft tunnel is due to difference in the wheel base between the two cars. The nova has not only a slightly bigger rear seat but a bigger foot well to allow an adult to sit in the back. Can't say the same for a Camaro.

Big Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts