Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!

I'm trying to get a new oil pump for my 67 Chevy 2, 350 motor. Local part stores don't know what part # will work. Also, Do I reuse the same pump shaft, that the 350 came with. or does the chevy 2 pump take a special one? Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tom,
First of all, are you doing a V8 conversion in your car? If that is the case you will need to get an oil pan for whatever year engine you are using. Kits are available with the oil pan and gaskets, oil pump and driveshaft (shorter than the normal sbc oil pump driveshaft), dipstick, and frame mounts. You can also get kits with a radiator.

I had to modify the mounting bracket on the pickup for my 4-bolt block, and drilled and tapped a hole in the block beside one of the main caps to mount it.

Anyway, if you are only looking for an oil pump and driveshaft, you can get one through Chevy II Only and other vendors.
Chevy II Only part numbers are as follows;
01002 (oil pickup for front sump pan)
01004 (oil pump driveshaft)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
63 AKDN,

Thanks again, No it's not a conversion. My 67 is a true v8 car. I got the original motor, it's complete minus one exhaust manifold. But I can't decide if I want to keep it, or sell it. None the less, I'm not using it and I did some trading with a friend a little while back, and got a pan, and pick up with a pump. But I want a new pump for it. Just couldn't find one at the parts store. I wasn't sure if it took a stock pump or a special one. Thanks, Tom

G

·
if it's an original, then it has the front sump pan... which takes the special oil pump and drive... and yes they are special, not the same V8 chev variety...

the parts boy was prolly questioning you because his catalog will state "Except Chevy II"

63 AKDN posted info where ya can get the proper pump and drive for your application...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts