Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
California dreaming..errr I mean dreaming about intakes

Some more dreaming here but what do you think the pros and cons of the following two intake combos would be....lets just assume that the motor would be properly set up for the different intakes....Again this would be for a mainly street driven car that is on the ragged edge of unstreetable:)cool:way freaking cool:cool: )..and hoping to hit the 11's on motor alone someday:)cool:way freaking cool again:cool: )

IF I have a favorite out of the two at the moment it would be the tunnel ram...I think that would just look Bad Azz:cool:

The Edelbrock intake has an rpm range if 1500-6500 while the Weiand has an rpm range of 2800-8000rpm....

Now there are two cams I'm kicking around...one has an rpm range of 2500-6500 and needs a 3500rpm convertor while the other cam has an rpm range of 2200-6400 and needs a 2800 rpm convertor.....

Now for rear diff gearing I will either be staying with my 3.73's or will be going to 4.11's it will depend on the cam I choose.....I guess now you see why I asked about the automatic OD trannies in that other thread;)

The CR for the motor will be in the 11:1 ballpark...I will have a more exact number when I CC everything and mock it up....

So what do ya think?

BTW I curently own a Vic Jr and a performer....I guess if I were to stay single carb I would really look into the rpm air gap...

G

·
Re: California dreaming..errr I mean dreaming about intakes

when they look purdy, they look purdy... but how complicated do ya wanna go ???

no offense... but i'd say ta K.I.S.S. ;) i'd say stick w/single carb :( :D

a BIG carb :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

SHIFTY4 said:
No offense... but i'd say ta K.I.S.S. ;) i'd say stick w/single carb :( :D

a BIG carb :D
no offence taken...yes KISS is a good motto to stick with...Possibly as I mentioned a RPM air gap would be the way to go?

If I go single carb though I wont go any larger then the 750VAC I have now...that should be plenty of carb...I dunno whadda ya think?

G

·

i'd say run the Vic Jr OR the performer fer now as ya have 'em... get it all dialed in and (shhhhh !!! throw a bottle on it ;) )

what do ya think about THAT ??? :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

SHIFTY4 said:
i'd say run the Vic Jr OR the performer fer now as ya have 'em... get it all dialed in and (shhhhh !!! throw a bottle on it ;) )

what do ya think about THAT ??? :D
the Vic always worked well for me in the past so I would have no problem running it AND the price is right... With the way I've been bad mouthing the bottle lately I would for sure have to keep that under wraps if I was to ever go that route... the two cams I'm looking at are NOS friendly with one good for a 200hp shot and the other for a 250hp shot....but shhhhhhh....we cant tell anyone about that;)

G

·

a wise statement said:
You can have it Good, Fast, or Cheap...pick any two

i'd say... pick the first two options :D :D :D but do yer best on the third :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

SHIFTY4 said: