Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am going to look at a '73 nova on saturday. Was looking for a '68-'72, but this seems to be nice car for 2,000$$ Any opinions on this year? Will a front grill from the previous year fit without changing fenders and hood? Car is a one owner 307, th350. Needs a trunk pan and new weather stipping. Does the price sound fair? Soory for all the questions, but I know nothing about the nova... Thanks for your time.

Mike

·
Registered
627 Posts
you can make those cars look good the way they are...if you want it to look like a 70-72 your going to have to change the front clip..which may cost some coin...$2,000 isnt bad for a running driving nova..my first nova was a 73 and i loved it

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You should not have to replace the whole front clip. You would need to get the 68-72 headlamp bezels, grill, and eyebrows. The center grill support where the hood latch assy would need to be changed out also. I have 73 fenders on my 72, they are the same. You just have to drill a couple of new holes in the fender to mount the eyebrows correctly. I am putting a 73/74 radiator support in the 69 I am working on now. All of the holes are the same as far as attachment goes with a few extras for the 73 up because of the different grill attachment etc. I have owned a 73 and a 74 prev and now own a 69,70 and a 72. You will also have to get the bumper filler for the 68-72 and the correct bumper also. You will need to drill one new hole on each side of the subframe to attach the 68-72 front bumper. The hole closest to the front is ok, but the rear one for the bumper will have to be redrilled.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys. The car runs and drives well, so if I buy, it will be nice budget project and driver. Better gas milage than my 'velle! Will the third-gen 16" Iroc wheels fit this car? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I think the iroc wheels will fit. I have seen third gen novas with those wheels on them. You may need to change wheel studs or lug nuts as I think the iroc's are metric thread on the studs. If you were anywhere near me, I would let you come over and try a set on the car. I have a complete 89 iroc z sitting here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts