Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to swap the bumpers and brackets off 70-72 and put them on a 73. Im sure it can be done anything is possible, but I was wondering if it could all be done without serious welding of fabrication.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You just need to use the bumper brackets for the 70-72 bumper. You will need to redrill the holes for the rearmost mounting bolts . Just bolt the bumper up through the front most mounting bolts, then level the bumper and mark the subframe where you need to redrill the rear holes. You will need to get the earlier filler piece also to make it look right. I can't remember for sure but the grill & head light bezels will probably have to be changed to the earlier style also to make everything fit right. As for the rear there would have to be a lot of changes due to the location of the filler pipe for the gas tank. You might just consider removing all of the 5mph stuff if your car has it and just tuck the bumpers in closer to the body. You would have to do some drilling etc. but it can be done. I did it on my 74 when I had it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts