Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1966 chevy11 ss and the bucket seats lean back to far
i do not see any rubbers stops when i bend seats over,should they have them?
Also i know the floor pans were put in do the seats bolt to the floor or should they be brackets that attach to the floor then the buckets bolt down to them
any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a 67 SS and I put washers under the nuts to move seat up. You may

have bolts to fasten the bucket seats in? There is no bracket to put in...the

tracks mount to the floor. Do you have the open toes or the closed front toes to

mount the seats? 66 has open front mounts on the tracks as 67 has closed. So

the front of the tracks either slide on or over the front mounting nuts. I don't

know what the replacement floors has as in bolts or nuts to fasten the seats.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave i will check to see if there is brackets mounted to the floor and if open or closed toes
I do know they put front floor pans in but that should have no effect on the seat brackets should it.
also this car they said is a number matching 1966 ss it has the 283 with 2 speed power glide with console and floor shift and all the moldings and emblems that a ss came out with.
I know how to run the serial number on door and the cowl plate to see what the car came with but how do i check to see if it is the same 283 engine a power glide transmission.
one other thing Dave what is good to remove the paint off the edge of the motor to read the numbers and also the paint on the protecto plate on the firewall

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like they are bolted to floor doesn,t fill like any brackets welded to floor,hard to tell with carpet,will pull a seat out and maybe can tell more about it

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dave i will check to see if there is brackets mounted to the floor and if open or closed toes
I do know they put front floor pans in but that should have no effect on the seat brackets should it.
also this car they said is a number matching 1966 ss it has the 283 with 2 speed power glide with console and floor shift and all the moldings and emblems that a ss came out with.
I know how to run the serial number on door and the cowl plate to see what the car came with but how do i check to see if it is the same 283 engine a power glide transmission.
one other thing Dave what is good to remove the paint off the edge of the motor to read the numbers and also the paint on the protecto plate on the firewall
The paint on the engine can be scrapped off by using a razor blade to read the numbers...the block/trans might have the last part of your serial numbers stamped on the block pad on the left side of the block in the front of the engine. From the letter (In your case it would be a "W") as that is where all 67 Chevy ii were built. (Willow run in 67. 66 is Norwood)The "Trim tag" that is on the firewall can be cleaned up with some type of cleaner like Brake clean or even 0000 steel wool. The tag is Aluminum, so the cleaner should not hurt it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts