Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok .... i bought a set of bucket seats for my nova from a guy who had them in his 70 chevelle!
he knows they were not from the chevelle or atleast he thanks they are not from a chevelle?
they are high back with the seat belt clip on the top of the seat.
the high back dont have a seperate head rest.
what i was wondering is if you guys could post some pics of your seats in your cars so i can try and see if i can i.d. the seats i have and for future ref for others looking for a certain seat or year that seats came with!
thanks terry.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the pics. the ones i have are real close to the ones for the 73nova in the pictures? same style just differant material and i got like 4 buttons going across the top! i will try and get a picture of them on here!
from what i can tell so far from looking at some other cars they might be 73-75 camaro?

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok Terry

For what it's worth, a little "bucket seat tech"

High back bucket seats were used in Camaros from 1971(and newer), and starting in Novas from 1972. These seats were also used in Vegas as well.

The "strato" bucket seat was used starting in 1966. It has no seat back latch. The 67 seat (very close to the 66) has a side button latch and metal back panel and side panel. The 68 seat looks exactly like the 67 seat with side button latch, except the back & side panels were made of plastic. The 69- 72 buckets were all the same and featured standard headrests and seat back latch buttons on the center rear panel. The exception to this rule is the 69-72 buckets with the reclining passenger seat option, in which case, they used the 68 style seat back button on the side. Strato bucket seats were used in A body (Chevelle), B body (Impala), X body (Nova)and were NOT used in Camaros, Corvettes or <gasp> Corvairs. Corvairs actually used the older style, wide bucket seat from 1962 - 1965. I hope this info helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
bucket seat tracks

I'm trying to locate bucket seat tracks for drivers side seat for 69-71 nova. the tracks are not the same as chevelle tracks and from what I know are nova specific. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts