Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I am new here and wondering if anybody else has this problem.
I have a 1970 nova and I put new coils and shocks in the front and am still having problems bottoming out when i come across a dip or a turn.
Very frustrating! I know I need to buy more heavy duty ones but don't know what to buy.
Also went from 3 leaf springs in rear to 5 but I want it raised a little in the rear.
Any suggestions?

Your can reach me at [email protected]

I live in Brooklyn Park.
Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tire size in front? Type of shocks/springs? Lots of info your leaving out. Tires rub when you drive?

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Tire size in front? Type of shocks/springs? Lots of info your leaving out. Tires rub when you drive?

Dave
67 Nova Boy
You did not mention tire size engine bbc or sbc headers etc etc .Assuming the tire size is correct I would say you have the wrong springs in there. Do you have re located spring pockets to make the car sit low or dropped spindles etc. All aftermarket springs TRW Sealed Power or Moog are 16% stronger than their factory counterpart. I like cars that sit at a taller stance so if its a sbc I use H/D with A/C or the regular bbc STD spring if its a BBC I use H/D with A/C. A good spring for that would be TRW CS 6312 it will sit nice and you wont bottom out for sure. Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts