Now that the transmission is in, I started to work on floor boards. It took me a while to learn this lesson, but a template is always needed when you are doing any type of fab work. I started with some construction paper from walmart. Looking back, I should have gotten something a little less flimsy, but it still worked fine.
Had a local shop shear and bend the metal for me since I dont have a brake (yet) to do it with. Then I used my template and cut in. This is the easy part, the transmission tunnel is next.
More progress on the floor this week. The last connection for the back of the transmission to the tunnel was a real PITA. It took me 3 trys to get it.
You can see one of my failed attempts on the drivers side floor pan. I was slightly heartbroken as that piece looked really nice (before I cut it up) oh well, not the end of the world!
Since that's done for now until I can extend the wheel wells, I needed something to support it from the underside. I got a stick of 1/4" x 2" flat bar to back up the floor pan. I know it probably isn't ideal, but with the floor pan and frame the way it is, I needed something small so I didn't lose any room under the car.
My welding is a bit rusty as of late, so the grinder was my friend
Anyways, I will get that wrapped up this week and hopefully have some more updates shortly!
New to this site great information.
I am getting my 1967 Chevy II that I had in high school in the 80's.
My dad is bring it up to Nashville. It has lots of work to be done.
Nice seeing what you are doing and giving me ideas what I can do.