Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 71 nova's and I would like to install big blocks at least one of them. what I would like to know is are the heater boxes on the inside of the car different? I know the outsides are as well as the heater core. I installed a 355ci in oct and since then I keep breaking heater cores when I give it the gas. I have all ready install polyuhrane engine and trans mounts incase that was the problem. it looks like the I need to move the engine forward to get it to clear. but I didn't have this problem with the old 350ci. Any pics or help would be great!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The heater boxes are the same on the inside. The heater core for the bb and the sb are different. The tubes on the core for the bb are in a different place than the sb. There are kits available to modify your housing to accept the bb core. I did this on my 72 Nova. The bb hoses come out in about the middle of the engine compartment housing,where the sb hoses come out on the right side of the housing. If you have a bb in one of these cars already, you need to change the heater core and make the modification to allow the heater hoses to hook up in the middle of the housing. A bb would be just about sitting on the hoses in the sb location.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make that National Parts Depot on the trim plate, the trim plate and a measurement from the crease in the heater box is the key to locating where the new holes go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.