Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need TO FIND THE LIST of clues for 2ND GEN NOVA too have a factory big blk , have a 70 SS located that has alot of the clues , but motor gone( now a impala 1965 396 on pad) and I am suspecious ? Checked heads for 70 dates , no luck All SS badges ,12 BOLT, SS hood, heater core nipples by outer fender , Could have been a SS350 CAR that got the 396 installed ? AND were oh were are nova build sheets hidden FROM a 1966SS396 ragtop owner 1970 novas vin info 11427OW thanks marko

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Big block came with multi leaf rear springs, 12 bolt rear, TH400 tranny or Muncie 4 speed if manual, cross member for tranny is offset 1" to the passenger side, has BBC frame pedestals which raise motor and shift it one inch to the passenger side, four core Harrison radiator, 63 amp alt, 3/8" ID fuel line, BBC heater core box with cover, BBC front springs, front sway is notched to clear damper if so equipped and is 1-1/8" diameter, Z-bar for the clutch is one inch longer than the SBC unit, with an 11" pressure plate and clutch, high torque starter motor (has the front winding 5/8" further forward of the solenoid requiring a brass spacer) with offset mounting bolts, 2-1/4" dual exhaust with resonators.

If it has all of this and no documentation enjoy it but I wouldn't recommend claiming it is a "true" SS as someone some where will argue with you. My advise is enjoy it, and drive it like you stole it.

Big Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well- thanks big dave , alot too check out , printed it out , buddie has it , 400th tranny , dark blue , had a vinyl top , but removed to fix surface rust trapped under the vinyl, and wheel well top lip rust needs fixed , but runs very strong due to the closed chamber early heads and stock 1965 intake , he wants $4500.00 , I THOUGHT GOOD PRICE FOR a driver bbc 12 bolt GROCIER GETTER , ONLY NEED THE STORE REAL CLOSE , GASSSSS IS UP, HAVE 2 OTHER 396 CHEVELLES 1966 and wanted a 66 to go with them , but take em how you foundem THANKS MARKO SPOKANE WASH. DID OWN 2 solid lifter chevelles factory L78'S

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet we get; "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." This just means a thing is what it is, not what it is called. To you the sheet metal changed so it was another generation. To others it was the same old chassis with a new sheet metal face lift so it wasn't a new generation. SO before we have to state; "Please! Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who." Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Big Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just wanted to thank all of you who gave me info changing from a sb to abb let me give u some info my 72 nova was a 350 and still is iam changing to a 396 i was lucky and this motor has 15m miles is complete from front to back and top to bottom has all the original equip for a bbc so i have all the hardware except for mounts i have the clutch linkage i have the 4 speed and hopefully i want have to do some of the changes dave mentioned it is not a ac car 70 model 396 engine the only thing i dont know for sure is heater core change and fan shroud and radiator i will go for the alum rad i think do i need to change the heater core have already installed 4whl disc this 396 has the original cast iron manifolds i told u this was a lucky find from a 70 caprice classic auto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts