Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to the street legals again tonight. I can't stand not racing, so I decided to make a few passes. Busy tonight!
Lifted on the first 2 hits, but the 60 ft's were right there at 1.40 and 1.399.
They had me on a single for the 3rd hit, so I ran it full out and it went a 9.91 @ 133.6 again....I just couldn't resist! Same nearly to the thousandth as it did 2 weeks ago. I wanted a 9.89! Good news was, I didn't get talked to at all. So I went home. I'm too loud after 10PM anyway. 1.38 60ft on that pass.
But, what was more cool was my buddy with his 3.55 geared 8.5:1 502 70 Chevelle. He went a 10.401 @ 126.88. 1.43 60 ft on M/T drag radials! I'm stunned, but I knew all along the car would hit 10.40, and now I'm sure it will go 10.30's in the cool fall air.
He actually runs a mix of regular and super in the car......
AFR 305 CNC chamber heads on both of our cars. Awesome heads....simply awesome.

BTW.....Chris....nice 12.15! Is that a best?

Ron

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like she was hooking and booking good!

Our track was a little slippery, but I managed a 10.66 at 125 mph on the juice, and the new Magnaflow exhaust is definately helping out! Maybe next year I'll see high 10s without any help! :D

Derek

·
Registered
32 Posts
498Ron said:
I went out to the street legals again tonight. I can't stand not racing, so I decided to make a few passes. Busy tonight!
Lifted on the first 2 hits, but the 60 ft's were right there at 1.40 and 1.399.
They had me on a single for the 3rd hit, so I ran it full out and it went a 9.91 @ 133.6 again....I just couldn't resist! Same nearly to the thousandth as it did 2 weeks ago. I wanted a 9.89! Good news was, I didn't get talked to at all. So I went home. I'm too loud after 10PM anyway. 1.38 60ft on that pass.
But, what was more cool was my buddy with his 3.55 geared 8.5:1 502 70 Chevelle. He went a 10.401 @ 126.88. 1.43 60 ft on M/T drag radials! I'm stunned, but I knew all along the car would hit 10.40, and now I'm sure it will go 10.30's in the cool fall air.
He actually runs a mix of regular and super in the car......
AFR 305 CNC chamber heads on both of our cars. Awesome heads....simply awesome.

BTW.....Chris....nice 12.15! Is that a best?

Ron
Very nice! I didn't get to see it again. I must be waiting for the 9.8's.

I ran a 12.10 on the last run of the night...getting close.:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Repointer said:
Very nice! I didn't get to see it again. I must be waiting for the 9.8's.

I ran a 12.10 on the last run of the night...getting close.:)
Excellent! You will be in the 11's soon.
I remember that with my Chevelle. It's as big a milestone as my getting into the nines with the Nova has been.
Holler if you need any help!
Ron

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ron....sounds like ya got that thing justa flyin...wish ya were closer, I'd like to watch ya run. Both in Portland, just different states.:D

Don

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only about 3000 miles away!
Head on out!
Thanks,
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.