Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering how I'm gonna keep "La No Go" from burning up my rear meats and have read about the COMPETITION ENGINEERING's version of traction control! Has anyone installed these yet? And if so, how well do they work compared to price difference?
Thanks in advance for any and all responses!!!
jammon73

·
Registered
457 Posts
im sure they work good but comp eng slapper bars and a anti roll bar works pretty well with my little nova

·
Registered
938 Posts
If you are talking about the Cal trac set up they are great by giving you adjustability. You can set up how hard your car launches using them and also if you have a problem getting straight line launches you can adjust to compensate. For a drag car some system like this is a must. For a street car it that isn't going to be driven hard they may be a little overkill.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!! If ALL goes well (moneywise) I am considering buying a marine block or maybe go Buick BB (because I 'm so familiar) at least 650 c.i.d. and replacing the back half to accomodate the extra torque/HP! I've just yet to find anyone who has had any success with the Adjust-a-links except NOVA Enthusiasts mag article with, I believe, a stroker SBC 383! Right now all I have in it is a 283 from a 62' Impala SS with a Saginaw 3-speed! Just a daily Drvr! A year from now, who knows?!!! Thanks again!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ran simple CE traction bars, but can't say I was really successful.

I was also bothered by the extra 50 pounds on the car from them...on the rebuild I eliminated them altogether while replacing my leafs with a set of Tri City Super Stock springs.

Look OEM other than the two spring clamps and experiences are promising with drag radials. No wheel hop-massive spin as of yet.

Less weight too!

:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may hack off a few purists, but I installed my Buick 455 in the 73'!! This engine is a direct 370 HP/ 510 lb. ft. Torque @ 10:25 to 1 Compression without ANY mods, yet!! Come out of a 70' Electra 225 and has been rebuilt about 250 miles ago! I'm hoping I can control the low end torque this baby puts to the ground as I had alot of trouble with such in my Skylark before !!
I am now pretty sure my thoughts on a 4 link with narrowed rearend is in the makes! Thanks again for ALL input!
I cannot help myself with the BUEY 455, If you've ever taken a ride in a STOCK HO 455 you'd agree with me that it's gonna be a hoot to drive on the streets!!
jammon73

1 - 7 of 7 Posts