Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have time to post much about me when I joined a few days ago so here it is. I started out with a 67 GTO about 12 years ago. The project never got off the ground and I was forced to sell it for what I paid for it ($2500) Rust free car minus the trunk with tri-power. Boy do I wish I didn't sell. Than about 8 years ago I ended up with a 68 Camaro. My original plans called for a sleeper, but the project evolved into much more. I never had the chance to drive it because someone found out that I had it and made an offer that I couldn't refuse. That was 3 years ago. After that I had a 30 five window project and I started getting into the old school hotrod stuff but I never gave up on getting a Nova. While looking for a 66-67 Nova, I ended up with a solid project
67 Malibu this past winter. Unfortunately (well it's not that bad) I found a 67 Nova a few weeks ago that had a price I couldn't turn down. (considering how expensive this body style has become). Now I have two project cars and I'm kicking around getting rid of one(hinthint I'll give a good deal). It WONT be the NOVA. I really do look forward to picking your brains, especially since this unibody car is a little different from my Camaro. The Nova is in great shape except that the floor is completely gone, the rear frame rails need to be replaced but the trunk has been done.(the rockers are solid and straight) My plan is to mini-tub and install a stroker although I do have a brand new bigblock drivetrain that was going to be used in the chevelle.As soon as I understand how to post pictures I'll post the Camaro,Chevelle and Nova. I do wish I had taken pictures of the GTO. I plan on posting the Nova pix as I proceed through the process, and hopefully if all ends up right it will be out this spring. If someone could give me some advice on uploading pix it would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome old67sc,
Here is the FAQ for posting picts in the classifieds:

You may add or change your photos at any time.

The image needs to be uploaded from your computer and not hosted somewhere else on the internet. The program needs the actual file in order to create the thumbnails and size the main image correctly.

1. Be sure you are logged on - the screen should say Welcome, yourname.
2. Go to the Classifieds section
3. Click on My Ads on the left of the middle color bar.
4. Select the ad you would like to add the photo to.
5. If it is your ad and you are logged on there will be two additional links listed in the colored table: Edit Product and SOLD IT!
6. Click on Edit Product
7. Add a photo(s) by clicking the browse button and locate and select (highlight) the image on your computer that you would like to use. Either double click the image or select "Open". Our classifieds will accept most image sizes and will automatically resample them to 640 X 480 plus create thumbnails!
8. You may edit or delete your current photo or add another image.
9. Note: It may be possible for you to Change the Category that your ad is in. The default is to leave it in the same section.
10. Click "Submit Changes"

Hope this helps.
Dot

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
I'd recommend looking into the BBC in an early Nova as it may not be what you ultimately want to do with this car. You could parley the BBC into a killer same cubic inch small block without the BBC issues.

Big Dave

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
If you put the 67 Malibu in our classifieds it will probably sell quickly. If I didn't already have to many projects I would be interested.

To post here in the forums the easiest way is to open a Photobucket account. Once opened the transfer of pictures from your computer to the PB site is a breeze. After uploading you will see 3 addresses under the picture. highlight the one marked IMG then right click, copy, then go to your post and right click, paste it in there. I opted for the upgrade account to get rid of the ads and get extra space because I am a "photo pasting fool" :D If you post at more than one site the photos can be used everywhere with just one upload.

Looking forward to seeing your Nova and remember to ask questions, we are here to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts