Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Chevy Nova
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Team,
I am happy to join this forum as I work on my recently purchased 79 Nova I found while on vacation in Oregon. As the title suggests, this Nova has been modified including a 454 big block which I was told came from an 80s GMC. However, I was able to do some research on the numbers stamped on the engine block and it may actually be a crate engine. Either way, I am pretty excited about the possibilities of what I can do with this thing. It also came with custom Flowmaster exhaust with electronic cutoff flapper valves in front of the muffler, so this thing is pretty loud!

I will have a lot of work ahead of me because it sat for at least a couple years. I have already done a tune-up, replaced the tires, and a few other small things here and there. My next big plan is to replace all the suspension bushings and mounts with polyurethane.

One thing I cannot figure out and I was hoping you guys might have some insight. The trunk has does not seem to be original. As far as I can tell, it is the trunk from a hatchback? Only my car is not a hatchback. However, the rear seats do fold down.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

Motor vehicle Wheel Steering part Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 2 of 2 Posts