Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to order a throttle cable from a couple of junkyards, but they're all too long. Any ideas how I can modify or find one that will actually fit? It's a 1977 Chevy Nova, 250 straight 6, 3 speed manual on the column. I just got it painted, drove it 3 days and the cable popped. Chevy stopped making the cable in 1994.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it doesn't have to be original......try http://www.jegs.com or equivalent! If original........someone else will have to help you on that one! I'm customizing mine to my own personal specs so I haven't been to many resto sites lately, LOL!!!
Good Luck, Dude!!

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
What are the lengths of the cables you have? Both my 75 and 78 with 6 cyl engines have the same length cables. From the firewall to the carb end fully extended measure 17 3/4". From the engine mount point to the carb end measure 4 1/4" retracted and 7 1/4" extended. There are 3 throttle cables for the 75 - 79 Novas. The 6 cyl part # 1246650, V8 with 4 bbl part # 1247966 and V8 with 2 bbl part #1244463. I need to replace the the cable in the 75 with one for a V8 and would be willing to sell you the one I have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts