Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to find qtr panel window weatherstrip for 77 Nova?:clonk: Car is a Ventura, but I imagine is the same part.

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
Are you referring to the rubber strip that holds the rear side glass to the body? There are at least 2 different types, possibly 3. The two I know of are for the 2 piece painted trim and the 3 piece bright trim. The rubber is cut to retain the trim along with the glass. There may also be a model with no trim at all, but I am not certain about it. Which type are you looking for?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Philip said:
oops forgot some were equiped with the optional swing out windows and that is totally different.
This one is a 77 Ventura, factory V8, no swing out quarter glass. Think a pic will help a lot. Gonna take one this weekend, and post it for ya. Is somebody still making them? Car is about to enter paint prison, and we have told the shop not to remove it, 'til replacement is found. If I don't find them, that's going to be the only important part left in the car for painting.:(

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
I don't think anyone is manufacturing replacements. Once you know what you need try a GM dealer. There may be some NOS sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

I am changing my car from the 2 piece painted trim to 3 piece bright trim. It will be awhile before I get that far and the old gaskets will be out. Only then will I know for sure if they are good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thumbnails pics of the quarter window. If you, or any other, happen to know where to find a set, please let me know. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts