Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. New to this forum, so let me know if this is in the wrong spot. I am putting together a 77 Nova Concours, and need a dash. Not sure what exactly to call it, but I have all the original instruments, but there is no dash face, the trim I guess? I suppose a previous owner used used these for another project. If you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
THanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Welcome to the Team Mike!

Unfortunately you will discover a profound absence of many of the parts you need to restore your Nova. The only source for many 1975-'79 parts is off another 1975-'79 parts car. That is why yours is missing. The trick is finding a parts car that is so damaged you do not feel bad about striping it, yet has good parts that you need. If you do buy a parts car be sure to strip off every useable piece before sending it to the crusher as they are not making these parts as of yet (due to the 1975-'79 Novas being the Rodney Dangerfield of the Nova line-up). They are becoming more popular every day but we are not "there" yet.

You can buy every part to rebuild a 1967-'69 Camaro, 1955-'57 Chevy, and 1965-66 Mustang, but only a few parts specifically for the 1968-'72 Nova and even fewer for the 1975-'79 Novas (mostly those parts shared in common with the 1970-'79 Camaro and some sheet metal patches). As these cars become more popular (after every Camaro on the planet has been restored to new status) the industry will shift it's attention to the fringe markets which are always demanding parts just not in enough volume yet to make it worth their while economically.

Big Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the info, and yes, that is exactly the part that I need. There are some other things too, like dash pad...I will take a classified on this forum and see what shakes..

Thanks again for the info. I have wanted a project car for a long time and I can finally do it. Hopefully I will be able to find these few pieces. The rest should be pretty straight forward.
Mike

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
From another fourth gen owner, I feel your pain. I was lucky enough to have someone give me a parts car to "get that rotting junk outta there yard". It was a good thing too, being an ex-drag car, lots of stuff was missing on my car for road duty.

Good luck with the build and keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Say artificial, to remove mine - is it just a matter of unscrewing
the 11 or so screws I count from the holes in that piece?

Does the cluster stay put, or does it come out first?

How do the radio knobs come off the original am/fm radio; Just pull
harder than usual?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.