Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Ive been working on my 72 front/rear disk conversion from CCP. And just had a quck question on the rear. The directions say to have the left and right side calipers on opposite sides of the axle. I'm sure they are right, but looking through other conversions I didnt see any novas with that stagered brake setup so I figured I would ask the pros(you guys!) Thanks alot. I put pictures on of my rear end setup, although it is not complete yet.

p.s. First time doing this! not bad I have to say though:)

G

·
make sure the bleeder screws are in the upward position... if they're pointing down, they're on the wrong side...

also... when the installation is complete you may find that although the bleeders are in the upward position they are NOT pointing "straight" up... meaning there is an air gap in the caliper bore. when you get ready to bleed the system the caliper will need to be removed from the bracket and blocked open and you'll need to rotate the caliper so the bleeder IS straight up to bleed all the air out.

here's some rear caliper info you may need in the future...

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
Those pages sure look familiar ;)

The staggered calipers are necessary to clear the shocks. The drivers side caliper needs to be in front of the axle as you have yours installed. I used a non staggered set up and had to move the drivers side shock in front of the axle, but the brackets were free and the total cost was low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts