Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
72 Nova Coupe Decoder- found build sheet

I'm fairly new to this forum in terms of posts but would really appreciate your help here being a newbie to the originality type concersation.

This might be a no brainer but is there a good resource for decoding a build sheet? I've finally decided to take a look at the history of my 72 Nova do the correct things from here on vs. just replace stuff without considering what was original.

Some mistakes made thus far are replacing the driver door and not keeping the factory remote mirror (darn it
). Painted it torch red about 15 years ago (color change from original blue). I like red but the interior was blue as well so that needed to be updated (to black in this case).

This car does not have carpet but a rubber floor covering of sorts. Also no under hood insulation.

It's a CA car and I kept the air pump and 2 bbl carb and intake. It's also the original block "H" code car. Paid $600 for it in 1989 :D

I know this much
  • PDB
  • PS
  • 350 2bbl CA car (came with smog pump).
  • TH 350
  • Tinted glass
  • Van Nuys plant
  • Remote mirror (gone now...bummer)
  • "Basic" interior

Anyhoo, any help would be great. Here are some pics of the build sheet and other misc shots as I clean up the engine bay. Cheers.

http://s1292.beta.photobucket.com/us...Cleanup%20Nova

http://s1292.beta.photobucket.com/u...up Nova?&_suid=135543522905003879858074114131

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted pic in case there are issues with the links. Cheers.

This build sheet was found in the springs of the rear seat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like a solid car...as for the build sheet..most of the info is listed on the sheet..what specifically are you interested in de-coding??

wilma
Thanks for the reply Wilma. Specifically one thing I was looking for is the interior package. My car does not have carpet per say (it's a rubbery mat throughout). Also no insulation under the hood. I was curious what option code added real carpet and sound deadener insulation under hood.

Was thinking if there was a "Deluxe" interior pkg, those cars might have received that pkg but not certain?

I also believe finding another D33 remote driver mirror will be tough...but worth the search.

Thanks. Craig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts