Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I am about to rebuild the front end on my '71. What is the best brand of coil spring to use or which do I stay away from?
Has anyone tried Lesjöfors? They are $66.00 a pair which makes me nervous.
I've also noticed that there is a different application for the 4 door (mine is a 2 door). Are they stiffer, different dimension altogether or what?

My car is original and I plan to keep it at stock height. Not looking to lower it any. I have read in other forums that Napa springs are not producing what they promise. Some suppliers are not asking for specifics such as A/C or engine size.
I've seen other posts on this topic but they have some age on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings, I am about to rebuild the front end on my '71. What is the best brand of coil spring to use or which do I stay away from?
I've also noticed that there is a different application for the 4 door (mine is a 2 door). Are they stiffer, different dimension altogether or what?

My car is original and I plan to keep it at stock height. Not looking to lower it any. I have read in other forums that Napa springs are not producing what they promise. Some suppliers are not asking for specifics such as A/C or engine size.
I've seen other posts on this topic but they have some age on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have used lasjofors in my 1962 6 cylinder conversion to 327 I have had not problem with them even with beating it on the track I wanted stock hight that’s what I got I pay twice that for one from Napa no miles on them not what I want for stance and rough ride also broke rear Napa at a launch that was my reason to change 2 years still going strong that not my opinion that 2 years proof 4 door a stiffer ride they’re meant more for four-door luxury driving There what I have in my 63 nova wagon witch is what I’ll put in 62 if I ever change nice for power tour rides

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I went with Western Chasis. They're suppossed to be here in a couple of days.
I also learned something about control arm bushings. Make sure to get Polygraphite not Polyurethane. If getting them from Energy Suspension be sure that the part number has a "G" at the end. The other tend to squeak a lot.

·
Super Moderator
7,466 Posts
No squeak with the black, the red needs lubricating to prevent squeaking, they provide the lube in their kits.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Go to Eaton Detroit Spring for American made springs they will treat you right

1 - 8 of 8 Posts