Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put a bench front seat in my 71 2 door and am having a hard time finding one. What I was wondering is, are Chevelle front bench seats the same? They appear very similar in size and was wondering if anyone knows if they are different or not. They are much easier to find. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 71 Chevelle SS Bench seat I picked up for the 73 Nova and it's a bit wider than the Nova mounts from my measurements. I haven't actually put it in the car yet. It should fit, but maybe with a bit of mount modification.

-Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
68 through 74 GM X bodies (Nova,Ventura,Omega,Apollo) all used the same width bench seat. Any bench seat from any of the Nova "offshoots" should bolt right up to the mounts on the Nova floor. I'm not sure about the 75- 79 cars as many things were changed on the body.

hope this helps

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not very close to MN, but I may be able to get a load up there. The 74's seat isn;t the one with the big gap between the seat backs is it? What would you want for it and what kind of shape is it in? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.