Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering what I'm getting into this winter, is there any brain numbing problems I should look out for during this swap from a BW T-10??
Thanks ahead of time, and HAPPY 4th.
Gluntly

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
If you are going from a T-10 manual to automatic overdrive conversion I would find somebody on this board Or at Team Camaro that wants your set up in exchange for the automatic which is not as popular that lives near you to swap out the corresponding parts.

Going from a standard to an automatic is easier than going the other way. All you need is a tranny, torque converter sized for your driving needs, an auxiliary oil cooler with an electric fan which can be mounted remotely any where on the car, a floor shifter (NHRA reverse lack-out if you go that route) or leave it on the column and some 1/4 mild steel lines to plumb everything. You will also need a TV mounting bracket for a Holley carburetor (works with a Rochester QuadraJet also) and the TV cable, along with 10quarts of Dextron.

Big Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.