Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to the site and an avid Nova lover, I cruised Van Nuys Blvd and Los Angeles in the late '70's in my Big Block Nova. Anyone recognize this car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran the car at the old Irwindale in the mid seventies, after driving it there from Los Angeles with six people in the car the first time I ran it. Without checking air pressures or uncorking it the first time on the track with a passenger and tool box in the back seat ran an 13.31 @ 106 mph missing through the lights.

Note, no shoes

·
Registered
627 Posts
what and awesome car, im in a younger crowd, but man i bet those were the days, cruising around cali, seeing all the badass cars driving the streets, allows getting in a race, but the local p.d. looked the other way..man your lucky..do you still have it??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No....that car is long gone, but it was an awesome machine with it's nasty big block, 4 speed and 5.13 gear. Add purple hornnie exhaust (Glass Packs) and my parents could hear me coming home for miles every night. That car taught me how to drive. Hey..Nice Nova yourself! Is that picture at the airport with the SR 71 in Corona Calif. ?:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts