Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need 70 nova bucket seats but have been told the tracks off the bench seat can be put on chevelle seats to make nova buckets?is this true

·
Registered
160 Posts
Chevelle and Nova buckets are very similar. Not sure about the tracks, as I think bench and bucket tracks are different. The Chevelle tracks are reproduced now, so you should be able to find a set.

Derek

·
Registered
55 Posts
68-71 Nova tracks are different than Chevelle tracks.
Nova tracks are shorter in length and are different heights.
They are also more expensive and hard to find.

·
Registered
89 Posts
if i were you, i would take some measurments and go to the local salvage yard and get some buckets out of something newer like a pickup or car,i've done that many times and u end up saving money in the long run. mainly because u can get them for usually around a $150 bucks a peice,and they are nicer peices that don't need reapolstry. all u need is some 1" square tube and a couple 5/8'ths washers and a welder and fab up some brackets that the seats bolt to,then line up with the factory holes so no damage is done to the car. its cheap affordable and th end result is much nicer,in my opinion..... Dan-70novadisease:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
if i were you, i would take some measurments and go to the local salvage yard and get some buckets out of something newer like a pickup or car,i've done that many times and u end up saving money in the long run. mainly because u can get them for usually around a $150 bucks a peice,and they are nicer peices that don't need reapolstry. all u need is some 1" square tube and a couple 5/8'ths washers and a welder and fab up some brackets that the seats bolt to,then line up with the factory holes so no damage is done to the car. its cheap affordable and th end result is much nicer,in my opinion..... Dan-70novadisease:)
PLUS NEWER SEATS ARE MORE SUPPORTIVE- BUT WHY DONT YOU GO WITH RACING SEATS INSTEAD, SAME AMOUNT OF WORK, AND LOOKS COOLER

·
Registered
89 Posts
It all depends on what u are looking for on the comfort meter,i race stock cars and ride in a race seat everyweek,might as well be sitting on a cinder block.racing seats are good for racing,otherwise not a comfortable option. depends on what u are looking for and preference.
Dan

·
Registered
160 Posts
It all depends on what u are looking for on the comfort meter,i race stock cars and ride in a race seat everyweek,might as well be sitting on a cinder block.racing seats are good for racing,otherwise not a comfortable option. depends on what u are looking for and preference.
Dan
Exactly! Not the most comfortable choice. Originals aren't as comfy as newer designs either, but something about the OE look I like...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts