Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup: hello folks , i am new to this site. was going to ask anybody if anyone had problems putting a set of hedman htc,coated 2"tube fullength headers on there nova,s with a big block 454 rat engine in there car? i made sure to install correct big block frame stands , correct engine mounts.i made sure to install frame stands on the correct side (taller one on driver side) (smaller one on passenger side.) THIS set the engine off to the right which it suppose to do. problem is left header, (3 tube hits ps box. hedman has told me everything should fit, but it is not fitting .they will not even answer my e_mail to them anymore. i have heared from some that there htc coated headers do not fit neither. no help from hedman to them either.i did give up and bent the tube (no.3)to clear ps box and had to dent (no.4 tube) at pitman arm to clear and make the header fit.this killed the warntey on the header.for the price of these headers this was a little upsetting. does anyone know of a pair of proper fit headers htc coated that will bolt right with out ruining them by dinging or benting them to fit? thank you.( steve}

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a buddy with 2" primary Hooker tubes and they fit without a single dent I believe on his '71 with a 496 BBC. I have Hedman 1-3/4" small block ones on mine and they needed a small dent to clear the P/S box but swapped to manual later on and all kinds of room. Sorry to hear of your problems, Hedman stuff is usually top notch.

Derek

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
villian281, thank you for reply. will look into hooker headers for a better fit header.heard hedman was a good product but really disspointed with them. thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.