Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
If it's an original V8 car, if the floor pans and sheet metal are all good and the obvious stuff listed is in good condition, that's a $35k car all day long. I get to that number after months of searching for my Nova I bought a few weeks ago. I went through every price range and creating a meme worthy amount of data. I ended up spending quite a bit less because I realized, while I wanted a running driving car, I knew I was going to dig into it almost immediately. I wouldn't have any issue paying close to what he is asking. Some sellers just can't afford to come down in price due to their financial situation. If you can't find another car with everything you want and you want it now. You're only talking about few grand of wiggle room on a normal sale. The cost will be forgotten but the quality will remain. Good Luck.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate taking time out to shed light on the matter. I think 35K is more than reasonable. But, if he wants to sit on his hands that's his business. He's about 3.5 hrs from me. It's a bench seat car, not a BBC (396) production, although a period correct color and right paint code for the car. What I find appealing...it's not all cut-up after 53 yrs. Engine bay not all cobbled up...etc.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump....I'm surprised by the lack of commentary of any interest in this car out there in the Nova community. What does that tell me or those looking for a car that is not all cut up and is a southern car to boot. Give me a good reason why someone remotely interested in getting their hands on a classic wouldn't give this car a hard look.

· Registered
7 Posts
I'm starting to think this site and StevesNovasite are both pretty much dead. There seems to be a little action from a few core users but for the most part Nova specific Forums are ghost towns. I would say everyone went to Facebook but even facebook groups with 20k & 30k members are pretty much inactive. I have 5 pending post on FB Nova groups right now and no one has been around to approve them.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Man, I hear you loud and clear. The Chevelle site is so active you can hardly finish your thoughts before there is a response waiting. The Silverado/Sierra truck site same way. FYI, I did appreciate your feedback. I would have to go in the hole to come close to this sellers asking price. If I had cash on hand which in the past pre-retirement I had 30 -32K to play with to better leverage a deal, but those days are gone. Seller needs to expand his horizons with other sites even if it cost him a few bucks if he won't move off his asking price. Funny, he told me he could come down 500.00 dols. if I was serious. LOL

· Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, I was in the same boat. The guy I bought my car only came down $500 too, lol. Sellers are dug in. I guess it's the market. People think that because some cars go for a premium, all of them should. Good Luck on the search.

· Registered
9 Posts
Not sure what part of the country you guys are in, but up here in the N.W, if you do a little looking you can find cars of that quality for a good bit less money. It might be worth while to look around WA. OR. and ID. to see what you can find.

· Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if this is allowed here in this forum, if not please delete.
This is NOT MY CAR, just sharing a quick example of what can be found up here....lol

If you check around I see them and better out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts