Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a box of lap belts for a 69 Nova.
Looking them over I am seeing a couple of part numbers on them and was curious if anyone had anything that would tell if they were in fact for a 69 Nova with a bench seat. I have looked at all of the Chevy Nova manuals I have and could not find the part numbers. I have listed them below. The plastic ends will need to be replaced after I clean the webbing but they are in pretty good shape. If they are the right belts, which part goes where?

7A-69 2950
7A-69 2910
8A-69 2910
5A-69 2913

·
Registered
42 Posts
I restored my Dad's 2 door '69 Nova 350 years ago but the original seat belts are still installed. All the belts are black on the black bench seats. The front has both lap and shoulder belts. The lap belts have re-tractors for the passenger and driver but not for the middle belt. The male metal clasps with the re-tractor for the driver and passenger belts are imprinted with the number 291. The female ends have IRVIN MODEL #2913 15-A-69 stamped into the metal part of the female catch. I hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I restored my Dad's 2 door '69 Nova 350 years ago but the original seat belts are still installed. All the belts are black on the black bench seats. The front has both lap and shoulder belts. The lap belts have re-tractors for the passenger and driver but not for the middle belt. The male metal clasps with the re-tractor for the driver and passenger belts are imprinted with the number 291. The female ends have IRVIN MODEL #2913 15-A-69 stamped into the metal part of the female catch. I hope this is helpful.
The link below shows the recovered bench seats with the belts in place.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That bench seat looks great! Why are there 4 female ends and 2 male ends? Are there 2 females for the lap belts and 2 females for the shoulder belts? Sorry, for my ignorance.
Shoulder belts were came in this '69 Nova from the factory. The 2 extra female belts connect to the shoulder belts which are clipped to the head liner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts