Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know if wheel opening moldings were a regular production option from 68-72? If so, what RPO did they come with? I'm restoring a 1972 Nova SS and was considering installing them but I can't find an example. If they weren't really an option then I don't want them on my car. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
They were optional trim that came on the car determined by what model you bought, as well as any optional wheel packages you might have ordered (such as rally wheels). I can not remember if a full wheel cover generated wheel well trim compared to the standard hub cap. From memory bright wheel well opening trim was included as part of the SS package.

Big Dave

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
According to another site B96 is the RPO code but wasn't available until 1975. It may have been a dealer option.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing them on a 68-72 car. My dad sold Chevys during that time and i definitely remember his demonstrator did no have them His demonstrator was a 70 SS car that i remember.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.