Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Nova dudes!

I want to convert my 73 grille to a 68-72 grille. What is the difference between the 68-69 and the 70-72? It is a direct bolt on? What are all the parts I need for the full conversion?

thanks,
wes

·
Registered
938 Posts
Your hood needs the chrome piece added. I'm not sure if you can just modify yours or if you will need a new one. If memory serves me right the front fenders are the same. The big difference is the bumper and I don't know if your subframe has the mounting holes. If it does then all you should need for that is the supports, bumper, and turn signal lights. As for the rest of the grille I think it should just bolt up, but the bumper is going to make the biggest difference.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The fenders will work. You will need to pull the fender extensions and other pieces off around the headlights. You will need the 68 - 72 headlight bezels and eyebrows. You will also have to drill one hole out for the 68 - 72 eyebrows on your 73 fenders, you'll see when you get to that point. No big deal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a 74 and it seemed to me the the hood latch was different than on my 70.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.