Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I want to swap a Chevy 350 with oil dip stick on Passenger side into my 67 Nova. I think the engine is a 1986 model out of a truck. What oil pan do I need with stock suspension without Power steering? She is currently 6 cylinder with factory A/C that is cold. What type A/C compressor and brackets do I need? What headers do I need? Any other parts needed? Please help! Thanks in advance, Tommy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Greetings all. I want to swap a Chevy 350 with oil dip stick on Passenger side into my 67 Nova. I think the engine is a 1986 model out of a truck. What oil pan do I need with stock suspension without Power steering? She is currently 6 cylinder with factory A/C that is cold. What type A/C compressor and brackets do I need? What headers do I need? Any other parts needed? Please help! Thanks in advance, Tommy

Something similar to this:

http://www.milodon.com/oilpans/pg04.htm

86-later is a 1 piece rear main seal though, so you need to know if it's 80-85 (2 piece seal) or 86-later.

Jody

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
If it has center bolt valve covers odds are it will have a one piece rear main seal. They started putting the one piece seal rear mains in the small block in '85 starting around October build date. You will need to find a 327 block to run the Chevy II front oil sump pan because of the steering on the early Nova's. I'm sure somebody makes a front sum for a one piece rear main seal block but it may cost more (the plus side is fewer oil leaks which is why they went to the one piece seal in the first place).

Big dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
The correct front sump oil pan is available from Chevy2only.com. You can get this for the 1 pc. rear main block. The pan will have the tube welded in for the stock location dipstick (left front). The hole for the dipstick on the right side should have a small freeze plug tapped in. One thing to keep in mind. With the stock pan & oil pump configuration, you will need to grind the oil pump for clearance for the connecting rods & customize the oil pump pick-up to fit the main cap bolt.

Hope this helps

Tim:hurray:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts