Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to set-up my 66 for a little street/strip action and was wondering what springs and rear bars are the best. It will be driven on the street often and raced weekly. Its got a 400 hp small block w/t-350 trans and a 3.73 12 bolt. I'm expecting it to run low 12's. I have split monos and caltracs on my 10 second bracket car and are very happy, but question how those springs would act on the street. I need new springs and was thinking stock style mono's and maybe trying the slide a links ???? I'm sure slapper bars would work fine too at this power level. I'll probably run a 28x9 rear slick for the track, maybe a drag radial, I'm not sure yet. Whats the hot set-up for these cars ???

thanks......

bob

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Most racers run 9" rears with four links. The CalTracs are a good solution with stock springs as they transfer the torque instead of wrapping up the spring. Problem will be the '64-'67 rear ends, which is narrower than a Camaro or late model Nova and has small wheel wells (also has an 8.2 rear which isn't spectacularly strong). You will have to mini tub it to just about to safely run a slick that big.

Big Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Big Dave,
I already stretched the wheel well a little in the front and a 28x9 mickey thompson slick fits fine on a 15x7 wheel. Thats all the tire i'll need for the power i'm gonna make. Thanks.

bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.