Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just new here and I found a 66 Nova for sale. It's a 2 dr Sport Coupe with inline six 230ci with Powerglide (no PS, no PB and no A/C) with 57k miles on the odometer. The engine is running sweetly, and seems don't burning oil or water. They are asking about US$4,700 (but please keep in mind here there is a overprice of about 70/80% more compared to the US market:(). The overall condition is fair. Besides the owner have it repainted 8 ago, there are initial traces of rust at the lower part of the doors, maybe because it has been out of garage last 2 years in a very moisture enviroment (please look at the pics closely). Floor seems to be rust free. The exterior aluminum trim and mold begin to appear some bubbles on them.
So, it worth? Any opinion will be very appreciate!
Thanks!
-Luis

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm very interested in this car primarily for a project. I like very much the lines of the car and how it's "simple". In another hand, I'm afraid there's a lot of rust on sheet under the paint, some issues on the PG or any major problems.
Refering to the engine, I've heard it's known for being robust.
I know it's a matter to take a chance. Just want to hear from you.
Regards,
-Luis

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I saw the same car for sale locally this year. He wanted $10,000 for it. Same color, hubcaps, grill, etc. The car looked clean. Inline 6 and powerglide.

I tried to get the guy down to $4500. He would not budge. In my opinion you are getting a deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your inputs guys!
What about the drivertrain combination (I6 230ci + 2 speed Powerglide), anyway?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts