Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a tailgate skin for these early wagons? How about the area below the tailgate where the pinch weld is?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like it's rotted pretty bad , down low and by the hinges
Not a great photo--I should take a close up I guess. Some of the rusty looking area is salvagable I think so mostly just lower skin area of gate (I can probably save the dented area with body hammers) but the area below the gate with the seam weld is pretty bad. I do have an old 4 door I might cut a patch from but it's probably not great either. I'm surprised no one seems to make a panel for this area since so many of these cars exist. This area is where there was originally a rubber seal for the bumper to keep dirt and exhaust from getting sucked upwards.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PS: This will be going on a rotisserie for subframe connectors, floors, wheel tubs, etc. but intended to be a travel wagon so paint isn't going for show and bottom will be bed liner or undercoat. FWIW other might like to know the tailgate guts from a '88 suburban will swap so I'm using the electric harness, motor/mech and outside key part from such a donor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No thoughts from anyone? Guess I could fab the parts I need but it will be painstaking and time consuming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I may be able to supply you with patch panels from a tailgate I have , let me know what ya need after you blast the tailgate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts