Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the 36th annual event! The largest ALL Indoor Corvette & Chevy Event in the Lone Star State. Over 130,000 sq. ft. of Chevy Excitement in a beautiful convention center!

We are moving to the Reliant Center, 8400 Kirby Dr., Houston, TX.

The Corvette Chevy Expo has a Large Swap Meet with Major vendors from all over the US selling hard to find parts and accessories by the truckload.

You will also see the south’s best Chevrolet Show Cars. This is a concours style judged event full of awards. Chevrolets that receive 98-100 points also are presented the President's Award.

There is a Car Sales Mart, Sunday is a photo shoot for Vette Vues Magazine's Racy Vues column with models from Swimsuit USA. At 3 pm, the Miss Corvette Chevy Expo Bikini Contest takes place followed by awards.

http://corvettechevyexpo.com/
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 386-775-2512
Fax: 386-267-3150

Registration Form

·
Super Moderator
17,540 Posts
Looks like Unsolicited SPAM to me, but I will let it stand if for no other reason than the swap meet. I have never met a Nova owner yet who hasn't lusted after a set of Corvette valve covers (especially those brand new grey ones with the Corvette logo in red on top of the LS-x motor).

May be it is just the new years spirit keeping me from axing it.

Big Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry Dave.

I'm new to your forum and thought this was where you were to post events. We get Chevy Novas at the Expo but would love to have more show their cars and always want more Nova parts!

Thanks for accepting my post...Bonnie

·
Super Moderator
17,540 Posts
Yer good Bonnie. Welcome to Team Nova!

We are all Chevy guys and a few of our members have or still do own Corvette's (even I owned a 1958 a few years back, actually a few decades back, more like a half century back). Tried to buy a new 1979 Corvette but my head and shoulders were above the top of the windshield when I finally contorted myself into the seat. Wife refused to let me buy it even if I promised to wear a leather aviator's helmet with goggles and a scarf. Rats!

Big Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yer good Bonnie. Welcome to Team Nova!

We are all Chevy guys and a few of our members have or still do own Corvette's (even I owned a 1958 a few years back, actually a few decades back, more like a half century back). Tried to buy a new 1979 Corvette but my head and shoulders were above the top of the windshield when I finally contorted myself into the seat. Wife refused to let me buy it even if I promised to wear a leather aviator's helmet with goggles and a scarf. Rats!

Big Dave
That's funny you were too large for the Corvette. John Wayne bought a '53 but found he was too large for it and his head stood above the windshield, so he gave it away to his friend. I think your wife was right, although the leather aviator's helmet with goggles and scarf would have made a great photo!

Our event has about 1/2 Corvettes the other half is Chevys of all kinds. We get a lot of Camaros, and some Novas. Last year, we had two Novas, a really stunning Red 1962 Chevy Nova Convertible and a Yellow 1966 Pro Street Nova that drew a lot of attention. I would love to see a better mix. We are getting a Corvair club this year that we are excited about. If your members decide to show, if they put the Team Nova Forum in the club spot on the registration form, we can put everyone together.

Thanks for the welcome! Bonnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts