Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody got any experiance with this swap? i read that its the same length as the powerglide i got in it now. so i should be able to reuse the original driveshaft. also i'll like to avoid any "floor mods" if at all possible. thanks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
WILLY!!!!

Welcome to TEAM NOVA!!

As far as the tranny swap goes, the only thing you will need to modify is the tranny mount. You don't need to cut/modify the drive shaft since the 200-4R , powerglide, and the 350 share the same spline count. The drive shaft will sit in about an 1/8 to a 1/4 deeper into the 200-4R due to the tranny a little longer than the others. Other than that, you don't need to modify the floor in any way. You will need a 12 volt power source for the lock-up. If not, you will need to manually shift it in that position when you drive it.. Here is a good start for some info.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/2004RTIP.htm
BTW, I have that same tranny in my 66 and if you need any help on it, don't hesitate to ask me or anybody on this site!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.