Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

Now i don't know if that speaks to its rarity, but I haven't ran across any in the last 30 years but I haven't really been into x-bodys until just recently.
That's interesting to think my car might be rare. I have a factory four speed '77 Nova in my driveway right now. The Z-bar was missing when I got the car, so I had to make one, but all the important stuff was there, thankfully.

·
Registered
12 Posts
75-79 skylarks were x bodys, but you already knew that. Same year camaro pedals won't work, i've tried. Also be aware that power and manual brake pedals are different, but you may be able to make them work. Does anyone know if the 68-74 pedals fit a 75-79? they look similar but I haven't tried it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the 68-74 clutch/brake pedals do not interchange with the 75-79; also the brake pedal with the vacuum power brake booster and/or manual brakes have the pivot pin pressed in unlike the 68-74 brake pedal which has 2 drilled holes (also the clutch pedal pushrod to the bellcrank is bent @ a different angle and uses a different firewall boot); also the mechanical clutch linkage is not available 4 75-79 where one has 2 procure it as an NOS item (look up the company Three Pedals - they have manufactured aftermarket clutch pedal assemblies but use hydraulic linkage; GM phased out mechanical clutch linkages during the mid-80s (either pushrod and/or cable) when the hydraulic slave cylinder was used - the T56 threw a monkey wrench where a mechanical clutch linkage has 2 be modded 4 use with a hydraulic setup (why the transition - vehicles were getting more compacted to the point where ol skool tech could not b used where the hydraulic setup used with import automobiles were lower cost 2 produce)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.