Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: 1966 - 1974 Bucket Seats, Tracks & Floor Mount

Hello all,..It's been a while since I last posted on here. Project was on hold for a little while, but i'm starting on it again. I have a question. I'm putting bucket seats in my 72 which had bench seats. The mounting brackets i'm looking to get are the 8 piece brackets. Now, they say they're for 69-71, but when you look at the floor pans when replacing a floor pan they say that they are for 68-74. Are they all the same? Will these brackets fit on my 72? http://www.ebay.com/itm/390404587968?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

·
Banned
67 Posts

We now offer the correct 69-71 bucket seat brackets. Posts like this are very helpful. Good job guys!
http://www.ss396.com/nova/IBX-X1.html

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts

I'm looking at using 1969 GTO bucket seats and want to install 1967 Nova SS covers on the GTO seat frames. The question that I have does anyone know if the frames are the same. Any help would be appreciated. :yes:

·
Banned
67 Posts

I would have to say no the covers won't fit, also the seat back release is on the side 66-68 and on the back of a 69-72. Also i think the back is shorter on a 67. If anyone else here has better info please share.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hello
I followed this discussion with great interest.
I am french and my english is very average.
I must replace the plnacher of the 1972 nova.
currently the bindings were tinkered by the former owner.
I will order my parts at summit racing.
on the replacement floor I do not see the bindings of the seats here is the link
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/gmk-4012-500-68s/overview/

is there a kit for seat fasteners?
I found this but it stops for 1971
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/amd-407-3068-s/overview/
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1 Posts

Tracks - probably the biggest problem for everyone is with the correct tracks.

66 & 67 tracks - same tracks, both are same height, the seat will sit level if sitting on the ground.

"I checked the measurements on the 66 buckets
length of tracks 15 1/2" tip to tip
Front height 2 1/8"
Rear height 1 1/2"
JR"

“Don't think this was posted but 66 tracks have open "TOES" where as 67 is closed. Another words... the front holes that bolt to the floor are open. As they can slide on the stud. 67 are closed in the front. You have to put the track OVER the stud to bolt the front track to the floor.

66 tracks... Passenger side I think. They are 14" 1/2 from center of mounting holes.

Dave
67 Nova Boy”

66 tracks

67 tracks

68 to 71 - same tracks, different heights, seat will lean towards the door side due to the inside tracks being higher.

"My car is a 68 with bucket seats the brackets were never removed so I hope these pictures will help everyone with questions on the 68-71 bucket seat tracks. The track with the lever measures 14 inches ctc and the inner track measures 14.5 inches ctc. 12 inches between them.
Measured the height for you. Inside track front measures 3.5 inches high the back measures 3 inches. Outside track the one with the handle front measures 3 inches and the back measures 2.5 inches. This is from the bottom of the mounting bracket to the top of the track hope this helps.
Jason 68 L78"

Here's my measurements

Here's the measurements for the height of each mount.
Measurements are from the brace the track bolts to the bottom of the track mount. pics show them upside down.
Inside track front mount 3-1/2"
Inside track back mount 2-3/4"
Outside track front mount 2-5/8"
Outside track rear mount 2-1/2

72 to 74 - tracks same height, seat will sit level.

I have no other info or pictures on tracks for these years.
Jason the pictures don't show anymore of the location of your bucket seat mounts could you repost please
Thank you
Ter1269. 68 nova

21 - 30 of 30 Posts