Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a 65 nova and plan on swapping my 400 sbc/th350 into, have had alot of looking for headers just wondering what other people are useing. My car does have orginal front suspension and was hopeing to not have to cut fenderwells out for headers unless i really need too.

Also any people have any ideas on Front and rear lights wiring harness was going to go threw J&W but open for any input anyone has thanks

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
Chris the early Chevy II was originally offered as a four cylinder car; with a small six as the big high performance motor (a 194 or a 215 cid six originally, but later the factory offered all three sizes of 194, 230, or a 250 six cylinder up until 1965 when the factory added a shoe horned in place V-8 that had it's own special block, oil pan and clutch system just to get it to fit.

In all honestly I can not strongly enough recommend getting an after market front clip for your 1962-'67 Chevy II as the factory front end is held together with a rubber band and a washer nailed in place with one screw. You can not use anything but a special oil pan and oil pump to fit the oil pan with the factory front end in place. Because that box that forms the inner fender is the car's frame you can not go and cut it out without weakening the car.

Once you change over to an aftermarket Mustang II kit, that everyone sells, you can put in any motor and tranny combination that you want, with a regular oil pan and headers to fit your new frame rails.

Big Dave

·
Registered
371 Posts
Have flow tech on my 65 and put Doug headers on my 63. I hate the flow tech. The Doug fit well and are made right. I would never buy flow tech headers. 65 has rack front, and 63 has factory suspension with 65 nova 283 engine block and moroso rear sump pan. Fits well with headers.

G

·
best bet is to determine what the future plans will be for the car...

will you be upgrading the front suspension to an aftermarket clip?
automatic or manual transmission?

IF you will be using a manual transmission with an aftermarket clip you're very limited on header choice as the R&P will come into play...

i have a Heidt's clip, manual trans and mechanical linkage and i've found that Sanderson is one of the few companies that make a properly fitting header...

for a stock clip Sanderson makes 2 sets of mid-length headers and also full length headers...

stock clip, SBC...
mid length:
http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-CC14-Small-Block-Chevy-Header-Set-for-68-72-Nova.html

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-QP1000-Cast-Series-Small-Block-Chevy-Header-Set.html

full length: which fits stock clip and aftermarket clip with R&P steering
http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-C32-Small-Block-Chevy-Header-Set.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have flow tech on my 65 and put Doug headers on my 63. I hate the flow tech. The Doug fit well and are made right. I would never buy flow tech headers. 65 has rack front, and 63 has factory suspension with 65 nova 283 engine block and moroso rear sump pan. Fits well with headers.
Which Dougs headers did you use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.