Questions about interior door and quarter panel - Nova Tech
Nova Tech  
Find Nova Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Nova

Auto Insurance

Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

Novas.net is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old Apr 2nd, 19, 11:14 PM

Papai3ear has a positive reputation
Default Questions about interior door and quarter panel

I recently joined and this my first time trying to rebuild a vehicle. I'm not looking for a restoration but more of a customized build. However I do have questions in regards to some obstacles that I know I have already. mainly is that the interior of the vehicle is stripped mainly just the door panels and the rear quarter panel is there a way to fix that or do I have to replace the whole thing. for the doors and I would just have to get new doors but how do I fix the rear quarter panel on both sides of the interior to where I could put a soft panel. I hope I'm making sense
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190402_202737_1554261205178.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	16701  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 19, 12:19 AM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation
Default Re: Questions about interior door and quarter pane

What you see is the tared paper moisture barrier used by the factory to protect the vinyl plastic wrapped cardboard door panel with a decorative pressed design.

Not going to find them for a 1968 but here is a set for a 1969-70 that may fit.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1969-1970-Nov...3126107&chn=ps

If you are going to rebuild the car a part at a time you will end up paying seven to ten times the price of what you can buy another 1968 project car with a full interior and use this car for sheet metal repair if the other car needs it.

We have a mod on here that bought 14 project cars to get the parts needed to build his car to the desired level (full interior out of a Buick with Cadillac rear disc brakes, etc.,and then sold off the other parts cars when he was done (actually making money on many of them).

Big Dave
Old Apr 3rd, 19, 12:33 AM

Papai3ear has a positive reputation

Big Dave,

I dunno if I am making sense but, shouldn't there be a sheet molding of some sort to attach those panels too? I can tell something g has been cut out at those spots. Hopefully these pictures clarify what I mean. I'm new so I don't exactly know what the part it called but I think its the inner structure of the door and rear passenger panels I'm missing. I know the doors can be replaced by getting a new door. But then I am uncertain about the rear panel and even if I can replace them. Any ideas on how to replace them?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190402_222612_1554265654132.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	16703   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190402_222626_1554265667557.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	16705  

Old Apr 3rd, 19, 01:04 PM
Site Moderator
Dave

Big Dave has a positive reputation
Default Re: Questions about interior door and quarter pane

Looks like some one cut out the entire inner door panel out, and the rear quarter section that has the bracing and mounting points for window glass and the exterior covers. That is what I used to do to my race only, drag cars to reduce car's weight. I used a pull up Lexan window in the door, and then screwed in place a Lexan panel for the rear quarter "glass".

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement