Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

Left side rear & font turn signal.

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  crazydevil9000 
#1 ·
I've run into a problem that has been somewhat fixed.

I replaced my bulbs and the light sockets for the rear turn signal/brake lights.

Now, when the car has it's headlights switched on, I cannot get my blinker on the left to work (front AND rear).

I'm thinking it has something to do with the wiring because most of what I replaced had been poorly attached before so I had to strip alot of wire and re-wire the back sockets (there were like 3 different wires connected at different lengths of the originals). The green for my reverse lights just simply fell off and then my red and black had been twisted and crimped at 2 parts.

Could this be the wiring or does it sound like the turn signal switch?

I could really use some help. I don't want to take it in and pay 100 to find the problem then a few more to fix it.

#2 ·
Ok,

lets start with all the grounds. Are they intact and functional? In other words, clean and free of any and all rust?

2nd, check all the wriring from the fuse box back to the rear lights. You might have another section of the wire cut or corroded badly that it needs replacing. Make sure your wiring schematic is handy for this step.

3rd, ensure the contact points on the bulbs themselves are touching. Some of the aftermarket parts don't allign themselves with what the car has now.

Hope this helps

#3 ·
I had some wiring problems with my 74. Mine were with the gauges and dash lights. the problem was when I had the car running and turned on the dash lights my tach would quite working. The problm was one of the ground wires had been grounded with rest of them and it caused a problem with the tach. I dont know if this will help you out any but I would defintly check your ground wires and reground them and see if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.